On the 6th of August 1906, Skellefteå Town Council decided to build a power station with 20 meters height of delivery at Finnfors falls in the Skellefte river. Finnfors old power station was in 1983 declared as a historic building and is nowadays a power station museum.
It took barely two years to build the power station and it was taken to use on the 1st of July 1908. The people in Skellefteå could now meet the autumn darkness with electrical lights. The four horisontal twin turbines produced about 16 GWh.
Largest in Northen Sweden
The region expanded fast and as early as in 1912 the time had come for the first extension of 4 800 kW. Finnfors was now with its 8200 kW the largest power station north of Ljungan. An extension with a vertical Francis turbine was built and ready for use in 1935. The total capacity was now 18 200 kW.
Free entrance, guided tours of old and new technique, Café in a wonderful environment. “Teknikboa”, a multi-activity centre.
|26 Jun, 2018 - 5 Aug, 2018|
|Tisdag||12:00 - 16:00|
|Onsdag||12:00 - 16:00|
|Torsdag||12:00 - 16:00|
|Fredag||12:00 - 16:00|
|Lördag||12:00 - 16:00|
|Söndag||12:00 - 16:00|